The Fayette County Planning Office has an opening for a full-time GIS Analyst/Office Assistant. Minimum requirements are a high school diploma, integrity, and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and ESRI ArcMap/ArcInfo. GIS proficiency will be indicated by a minimum of four (4) years experience as a full–time GIS analyst or a college degree with a GIS certificate. The successful candidate must be able write and speak effectively, work without constant supervision, and interact extensively with the public in a courteous and professional manner.
Duties will include the following:
- Issue building permits, collect adequate facilities taxes and assist in zoning administration.
- Utilize the GIS in various ways, including editing and updating as necessary.
- Filing and other clerical duties.
- Responding to inquiries from the general public, on the phone and in person.
- Other duties as assigned.
Fayette County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, creed, color, sex, nationality, religion, or handicap. The successful applicant must pass a drug screen prior to employment. Beginning salary range is $36,000 to $39,000.
Submit cover letter, resume and proof of GIS experience or certificate, along with college transcript, if any, to: Jaclyn Smalley; Fayette County Office of Planning and Development; 16265 U.S. Highway 64 Suite 1; Somerville, TN 38068.